CONTACT: galateaten at gmail dot com

Monday, September 7, 2015

EDGAR-ARTURO CAMACHO-GONZALEZ

About the Poet:
Edgar-Arturo Camacho-González (resident of Napa) is a Queer Xicano actor, activist, and poet, originarío de Jalisco, México. Edgar is the lead protagonist of Sin Visa, an independent film released in 2015. Edgar-Arturo also made a cameo appearance in the forthcoming film Brusing for Besos, produced by AdeRisa Productions. He has appeared in theater productions through the Napa Valley Conservatory Theater as well as through IndiStage Theater. Edgar-Arturo is grateful to have Guillermina González and Francisco Camacho as parents. He writes as a form of expression and activism toward deconstructing the inevitability of social tensions. Edgar-Arturo has utilized his ability to touch others through art and the support of his siblings Francisco, Alvaro, Alex, and Claudia to engage his communities. Edgar-Arturo studied Sociology at CSU, Sacramento and has guest lectured at several colleges and universities nationwide. His poetry appears in the forthcoming anthology, Joto: An Anthology of Queer Xicano & Chicano Poetry, and Queer in Aztlán: Chicano Male Recollections of Consciousness and Coming Out. He is currently working on a full-length collection of poetry.



About His Poetry:
Edgar-Arturo enjoys poetry because he is not bound by the rules of language that have in the past held him prisoner.


Forms and/or Tendencies in Edgar-Arturo's work:
Experience
Lyrical
Conceptual
Real
Visual
Performance
Prose


A Sample Poem:

I Want To Borrow Your Wings


I want to borrow your wings for the day
 
Take them for a spin in the dark of the night
 
Over the lights and into the sky
 
Collecting stars as I fly in my mason jar.
 
 
 
I want to fly for the first time.
 
 
 
Flap my wings as I did before I lost them
 
Before they were taken from me.
 
 
 
I want to remember.
 
What it was like to flap my wings.
 
To hope that one day they would be strong enough to take me high.
 
Fly high, into the sky where I can escape the
 
Homophobic
 
Heteronormative
 
Patriarchal
 
White supremacist
 
Structures that cast a shadow over my world.
 
 
 
I want to bring you back stars
 
That you can use to light your night.
 
Use them to paint glitter on the canvas
 
Of your heart.
 
Place them on your wings as ornaments
 
That celebrate your existence and strength.
 
 
 
I want to borrow your wings for the night.
 
For inspiration.
 
Because when my wings grow back
 
 
 
They will be bold.
 
 
 
My wings will take me into the depths of the universe
 
Where I can pick stars bigger than the sun
 
To bring light back to my world
 
 
 
Dismantle the shadows casted over my face.
 
 
 
Because when I return from my voyage
 
I will be me.
 
Without limits.
 
 
 
When I return
 
I will lend my wings to you.



Social Media:







No comments:

Post a Comment